Sylvan Township, MN

Sylvan Township was organized on April 2, 1912. The Township was named after Sylvan Lake, known for its beautiful evergreen woods. This community is located in the southern portion of Cass County, west of the City of Baxter and surrounds the City of Pillager. The Township is defined by its many lakes, rivers, agricultural and wooded areas. Sylvan Township has the largest Native American burial mound groupings in the Mississippi Headwaters and one of the largest within the state of Minnesota.